Free eBook $0.00 ( Limited-Time Offer from Amazon.com )
2019-01-16 15:46:03 UTC
FROM THE AUTHOR OF THE INTERNATIONAL BESTSELLER THE STONE MAN, SHORTLISTED FOR AUDIBLE UK’S BOOK OF THE YEAR AWARD 2015
“Science fiction, drama, humour, horror, and yes–even romance–are expertly blended …shaped with an exquisite precision that culminates in a climax that leaves the reader exhausted from the dizzying thrill of emotions… one of the best books that I’ve had the pleasure of reading in recent memory.” – Ain’t It Cool News.com
There are hangovers, there are bad hangovers, and then there’s waking up inside someone else’s head. The morning after a boozy night before comes with the rudest of awakenings for young bartender Charlie Wilkes. Instead of finding himself in his bedroom, he awakes in a prison consisting of moving, undulating black walls and a huge glowing screen that seems to float in thin air. But the prison isn’t a prison, and the screen isn’t a screen; incredibly, he is somehow inside the mind of a young woman, Minnie, and the screen – a projection of what Minnie sees – is his only way of seeing the outside world.How did he get there? What has happened to his life? How is it that he recognises Minnie, feels a bond of some sort with her …even though they’ve never met? Can he exist inside the mind of a troubled, terrified, but beautiful woman with secrets of her own? Most important of all, can he ever get out? Uncertain whether he’s even real or if he is just a figment of his host’s imagination, Charlie and Minnie must work together – and learn the secret of their strange connection – if he is to find a way out of The Black Room, a place where even the light of the screen goes out every time Minnie closes her eyes…
THE BLACK ROOM, PART ONE: IN THE BLACK ROOM begins the adventures of Charlie and Minnie with a story guaranteed to keep the reader on the edge of their seat.
PRAISE FOR LUKE SMITHERD:
- “I couldn’t help myself and read this is one sitting” – simon211175, Amazon Vine Voice
- “Fantastically written characters who make you care about them right from the off.” – Andy Pettifer
- “It was one of those books where you tell yourself you will read just one more page, then look at the clock and realise that it’s 2 hours later. I would thoroughly recommend it” – Elaine Hosegood
- “I have owned a Kindle for about 2 years and downloaded some excellent books for very little cost but Luke Smitherd’s works beat the lot” – Silversmith, Amazon UK Review
- “As soon as I started reading I was completely sucked in, which very rarely happens for me. I couldn’t wait to get home and read it each night. I laughed. I cried. I did actual real life gasps of horror.” – Katie, Amazon Review
- “I spend a lot of time trawling through the kindle book store looking for cheap books, relying on reviews to make my purchases. I have come across some less than average books using this method, but also some real gems. This book definitely falls into the latter category. It had me gripped from page one.” – Steve Sut, Amazon UK Review
- “This story could, probably should, be made into a movie at some point. I honestly have to believe that Smitherd should contact a producer/director and make a fabulous movie deal. Totally enjoyed the read.” – Bonnie Gleckler Clark, Goodreads
Want to download the first few pages of this book for FREE so that you can try before you buy? Click the ‘Send sample now’ button on the upper right hand side of this page to do just that!